When you think of easy lunches for the campground, grilled cheese might be on your mind. This amazing camping recipe is a perfect blend of grilled cheese and pizza, so it’s a great option for kids, teens, and everyone else! Get the full recipe below.
Recipe adapted from one on EurekaCamping.JohnsonOutdoors.com
- Your choice of bread (we recommend sour dough)
- Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- Marinara Sauce
- Start by using your mayo to “butter” both sides of your bread. Mayo is easier to spread than butter and it crisps up your bread much better.
- Add the bread to a hot cast iron skillet over your fire and toast on both sides.
- While the second side is toasting, add a slice of mozzarella cheese to both slices, top with pepperoni, and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Close the sandwich and press lightly. Toast both sides to help the cheese melt, but avoid burning, and remove from the heat.
- Serve with a side of Marinara sauce, and enjoy!
Contact us to get a great deal on your next RV today!