Your kids are going to absolutely love this new camping recipe! Check out this incredible Dutch oven mac-N-cheese recipe that’s perfect for filling up your family after a day exploring your next travel destination. Get the full recipe below and start making your next menu for the campground.
Recipe adapted from one on FreshOffTheGrid.com
- 2 c. elbow macaroni
- 2 c. water
- 2 tbsps butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-2 tbsps mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 5 oz bag jalapeño kettle chips
- Build a strong fire and get your Dutch oven ready.
- Dump in the macaroni, water, butter, and salt to taste.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place over your fire. Add 10-15 coals to the lid of the oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- There should still be some water in the Dutch oven when the pasta is ready. You want the water to help the cheese melt and coat the noodles.
- Stir in your cheese, mustard, and garlic powder.
- Serve topped with crushed jalapeño kettle chips!
- Prepare your coals or campfire.
- Add the elbow macaroni, water, butter, and salt to a 4-qt Dutch oven. Cover and place on top of a small bed of coals or embers. Place 10-15 coals on top of the Dutch oven. Cook for about 10 minutes until the pasta is tender and most (but not all) of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Carefully remove the Dutch oven from the campfire and set aside the lid.
- Stir in the shredded cheese, mustard, and garlic powder, and add more salt if needed.
- Serve in bowls or on a plate, and top with crushed jalapeño Kettle Brand chips. Enjoy!
Contact us today to find the perfect RV for your next adventure.